- 1 medium banana, ripe but firm enough for nut butter spreading
- 2 Tablespoons nut butter (peanut, almond, sunflower seed, etc.)
- ¼ cup granola or puffed brown rice cereal
Peel banana and slice into ½” thick medallions. Top each slice with nut butter. Sprinkle granola or cereal on top. Enjoy!
If you really want to make this a dessert you could also throw some chocolate chips on top, but you didn’t hear that from me!
Notice that this recipe conveniently contains all the elements of a satisfying snack that we discussed yesterday:
- Protein source: nut butter, as well as a little in the banana
- Fat source: nut butter
- Fiber-rich carbohydrates: banana and cereal